Fortnite’s v24.40 update is now live, and it brings a number of new features and changes to the game. Here’s a rundown of what’s new:
New Ranked Mode
The biggest addition in v24.40 is the new Ranked Mode. This mode is designed to provide a more competitive experience for players who want to test their skills against other skilled players. Ranked Mode is available in both Battle Royale and Zero Build modes.
New Map Changes
The v24.40 update also brings a few new map changes. The most notable change is the addition of Grind Rails to the Citadel POI. These rails can be used to quickly move around the POI, and they can also be used to perform tricks.
In addition to the new Ranked Mode and map changes, v24.40 also includes a number of other changes, including:
- A decrease in the material cap from 999 to 500
- A change to the way Siphon works in both Ranked and Unranked matches
- A number of bug fixes and improvements
Full Patch Notes Details for v24.40
Ranked Mode is a new competitive mode that is available in both Battle Royale and Zero Build.Players will be ranked based on their performance in matches, and they will earn rewards as they progress through the ranks.Ranked Mode is a great way to test your skills against other skilled players and to earn exclusive rewards.
Grind Rails are new interactable objects that can be found on the map.Players can use Grind Rails to quickly move around the map, and they can also use them to perform tricks.Grind Rails are a great way to get around the map quickly and to add some flair to your gameplay.
The material cap has been decreased from 999 to 500.
This change is designed to make the game more strategic and to encourage players to use their materials more carefully.
Siphon has been changed in both Ranked and Unranked matches.
In Ranked matches, Siphon will now only be active in the final circle.
In Unranked matches, Siphon will now only be active when you eliminate an opponent.
These changes are designed to make the game more competitive and to reward players for taking risks.
- A number of bugs have been fixed, including:
- A bug that was causing players to be unable to place certain objects.
- A bug that was causing players to be able to see through certain objects.
- A bug that was causing players to be able to take fall damage from certain heights.
- A number of improvements have been made, including.
- Performance improvements.
- Stability improvements.
- Quality of life improvements.
Overall, v24.40 is a significant update that adds a number of new features and changes to Fortnite. If you’re looking for a more competitive experience, or if you just want to check out the new map changes, be sure to give v24.40 a try.