Are you frustrated by the fatal D3D Error in the RE4 Remake? You don’t need to look anymore.
Resident Evil 4 Remake is a 2023 survival horror game developed by “Capcom.” It is a remake of the 2005 game, Resident Evil.
This remake has an updated plot, new visuals, new characters, a new cast, and altered gameplay. It will be released to play on PlayStation 4 and 5, Windows, and Xbox series X and S on March 24, 2023.
The crash is frustrating but isn’t as scary as it seems; you just have to update the GPU and lower in-game settings to solve the D3D Fatal Error in the RE4 Remake.
What is The Fatal 3D3 Error in Resident Evil 4 Remake?
The fatal D3D Error is a standard error that can occur while playing games that use the Direct3D graphics API.
While playing the game and before it crashes, you’ll get an error on your screen, which typically reads “Fatal D3D Error” and may be accompanied by a blue screen of death.
The error has a few reasons for occurring:
- Bugs with the GPU driver can cause inefficient performance issues.
- You can also get this error when playing the game with high settings, but the GPY cannot handle such intensive processes.
- Some GPUs have extraordinary power but lack good VRAM capacity, which will cause this error.
- Corrupted components related to the game may also cause this error
How To Fix Fatal D3D Error In RE4 Remake?
Before we get to the actual method to fix the error, you have to make sure of the following things to perform troubleshooting steps effectively:
- Make sure you have DirectX Runtime and Visual C++ Redistributables installed.
- Restart your PC before going through the methods.
- Ensure that your PC has no problems with the cooling system and that the PSU is well-capable.
Now that you have checked the above steps for solutions to fix the error,
Update your Graphics Driver
This can be done through the manufacturer’s website or using third-party tools.
Enable high performance for GPU
Running the game in low-performance mode might create a problem, so enabling high performance for GPU will utilize the GPU’s full power. To do this:
- Press W + I on the keyboard to open Windows settings.
- Go to the ‘display’ tab.
- Now go to ‘Graphics.’
- Tick high performance for graphics preferences and click ‘Ok.’
Reduce Texture quality
This will reduce VRAM usage. To do so:
- Go to graphic settings in the game
- Set the texture quality to the lowest one.
Lower other in-game settings
- Go to the Graphic settings in the options.
- Lower the game resolution.
- Set the Display Mode to the window.
- Turn off FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.
Verify the Integrity of your Game files
This will check for any corrupted or missing files and repair them if necessary. To do so, you have to:
- Right-click on the game in your Steam library and select properties.
- Then click on the “local files” tab and choose “verify the integrity of game files.”
Disable Ray Tracing and Strand Hair
These two options are very demanding on graphics cards, and disabling them can help prevent the fatal D3D error 25. To do this:
- Open the game’s settings and uncheck the boxes next to Ray Tracing’ and ‘Strand Hair.’
Run the Game in Compatibility Mod
This can help prevent conflicts with other software. To do this:
- Right-click on the game in your Steam library and select ‘properties.’
- Then click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and select ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for:
- Choose an older version of Windows.
Reinstall the game
This is your last resort to fix the error. Just uninstall the game through Steam and then reinstall it.
I hope these methods work and you can fix the error in the game and go back to enjoying the game.