Animal Crossing has always been about creating your dream island paradise, complete with a unique cast of anthropomorphic animal villagers. In Animal Crossing: New Horizons, expanding your island community is one of the most exciting aspects of the game.
More villagers mean more interactions, diverse personalities, and a livelier island. In this guide, we’ll walk you through various methods on how to invite more villagers to your island and make it a thriving animal utopia.
Also Read: Animal Crossing How to Find Pearls
1. Setting the Stage: Preparing for New Villagers
Before you can start inviting new villagers, there are a few prerequisites to address:
- Progress through the Game: You’ll need to advance in the game until Tom Nook opens Nook’s Cranny and provides you with housing kits for new villagers.
- Residential Services Upgrade: The ability to invite additional villagers becomes available after upgrading Residential Services.
2. Plotting Your Strategy: Housing Kits
After the above prerequisites are met, Tom Nook will provide you with housing kits for new villagers. Here’s how to use them:
- Choose a Location: Decide where on your island you want to place the housing kits. Make sure there’s ample space and that the location fits your island’s aesthetic.
- Furnish Their Homes: To attract villagers to move in, you’ll need to decorate the interiors and exteriors of these housing kits. Crafting and placing furniture that matches their preferences will increase their chances of moving in.
3. Mystery Island Tours: The RNG Approach
If you’re looking for a more random, surprise-filled approach to inviting new villagers, Mystery Island Tours are your ticket. Here’s how it works:
- Acquire Nook Miles Tickets: Purchase Nook Miles Tickets from the Nook Stop in Resident Services for 2,000 Nook Miles each.
- Visit Mystery Islands: Use the Nook Miles Tickets at the airport to go on Mystery Island Tours. Villagers may randomly appear on these islands, ready to move to your island if you have an available housing kit.
- Chance Encounter: There’s no guarantee which villager you’ll meet, so stock up on Nook Miles Tickets if you’re searching for a specific character.
4. The Campsite: A Visitor’s Chance
Once Residential Services has been upgraded, Tom Nook will introduce the campsite feature. Here’s how it can help you invite new villagers:
- Campsite Visitors: Occasionally, a camper will visit your campsite. Isabelle will announce their arrival in her morning announcements.
- Interaction and Games: Interact with campers, play games with them, and even win rewards. Sometimes, campers will express interest in moving to your island.
- Offer a Spot: If your island has an available housing kit, the camper may agree to move in. If not, they will contact Residential Services to check if your island is full.
- Controlled Selection: If your island is full, you can suggest which current villager should leave to make room for the camper. Keep in mind; this is a random process.
5. Friends’ Villagers: Borrowing from Buddies
Another exciting way to invite new villagers is by borrowing from friends. Here’s how it works:
- Friend’s Villagers: If a friend decides that one of their villagers should move out, they can notify you about the departure.
- Visit during Moving Out: Visit your friend’s island when the villager is in the process of moving out. Speak to the villager to encourage them to move to your island.
- Prepare Housing Kit: Ensure you have an available housing kit ready for the villager to move in. They won’t move if there’s no home prepared for them.
6. Amiibo Cards: A Personal Touch
For players who want to curate their island population with specific villagers, Amiibo cards offer the most control:
- Amiibo Card Scan: If you own an Amiibo card for a particular villager, you can use it at the Resident Services building’s Nook Stop to invite that villager to your campsite.
- Three-Day Invitation: Campsite visitors brought in via Amiibo cards will require three separate visits to your campsite, each with a crafted furniture request.
- Selective Farewell: When a villager arrives via Amiibo card, you can choose which current villager will leave your island to make room for the newcomer.
Expanding your island’s population with new villagers is a delightful journey in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Whether you prefer the element of surprise with Mystery Island Tours, the controlled selection with Amiibo cards, or borrowing from friends.
There are various methods to grow your animal community. Experiment with these options to create a thriving, diverse, and charming island filled with your favorite animal friends.
Also Read: Animal Crossing How To Progress Faster