Fortnite is a popular video game that allows players to team up with friends and take on other players in a battle royale format. While playing online with friends is a lot of fun, sometimes you just want to play with someone in the same room.
Fortunately, Fortnite supports split-screen multiplayer, which allows two players to play on the same console and TV. In this guide, we’ll take a look at how to play Fortnite split screen.
Currently split screen is only available in Playstation and Xbox consoles. PC, Nintendo Switch and mobile users will have to hope that Epic Games allows this functionality on those platforms and if it does, we will be the first to share the amazing news.
How To Split Screen in Fortnite
To play split screen follow the steps below.
- Connect two controllers to your console.
- Start Fortnite and navigate to the main menu on the main player’s account.
- On the main menu, press the Triangle button on the second controller (PlayStation) or the Y button on the second controller (Xbox).
- You will be prompted to sign in to a second Epic Games account.
- Once you have signed in, the second player will appear in the lobby.
- To start a game, select a mode and press the Play button and you can now enjoy a split screen.
Fortnite split-screen mode is currently only available in Duos and Squads modes within the Battle Royale, when two players are connected to the same console.
Split Screen Tips for Each Mode
Here are the best tips to guide you in each mode in split screen.
- Focus on communication and teamwork: This is the most important tip for playing Duos split screen. You need to be able to communicate with your teammate and work together to win.
- Choose your characters and weapons carefully: You want to choose characters and weapons that complement each other’s playstyles. For example, if one player is a builder, the other player should be a good fighter.
- Stick together: It’s important to stay close to your teammate so you can support each other. If you get separated, it will be much harder to win.
- The same tips for Duos apply to Squads: However, there are a few additional things to keep in mind.
- Have a designated leader: This person should be responsible for making decisions and calling the shots.
- Communicate with each other: This is even more important in Squads than it is in Duos. You need to be able to communicate with all of your teammates in order to win.
- Stick together: This is even more important in Squads than it is in Duos. If you get separated, it will be much harder to win.
In conclusion, playing Fortnite split screen is a great way to enjoy the game with someone else in the same room. By following these steps, you’ll be able to set up a split-screen match and start playing together in no time. Remember to communicate with your partner and have fun!
How To Find and Use Reality Seeds / All NPCs in Chapter 4 Season 2 / How To Mark Enemy Players or Characters / How To Tactical Sprint and Settings / Find The Force Quests and Rewards List / How To Trap Your Enemies in Fortnite / How To Knock Back Players with the Kinetic Blade