Players are stumped and bummed out. The drumrolls are announcing in a beat loud and clear – Rocket League won’t launch. The game is miserably failing on the Steam application or using the Epic Games Launchers.
Rocket League is a popular multiplayer video game that supports cross-platform play between Windows 10 (Steam), Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One. It becomes very frustrating for keen players to experience Rocket League not launching issues. Many a time, the game doesn’t boot up.
Reasons Why Rocket League Won’t Launch
These are some common speculation that points out a lot of researched reasons for the failure of the launch of Rocket League on your computer.
- The algorithms to run the game are lacking in the minimum systems requirement criteria.
- The GPU temperature fluctuations from volcanic high to Icelandic cool ranges.
- The calibration/configuration of Steam Launch Options may be faulty or corrupted.
- Command Line Arguments that surface on the Epic Launcher may be woozy.
- A dodgy overlay feature is stopping the launch.
- An ambiguous game file is causing the system to be befuddled, keeping it from embarking. The compatibility mode is thrown off balance.
- This can also be caused by installing some hardware/software on your computer.
- While updating the graphics card drivers, an internal assembly can corrupt and cause issues. What is recommended is the usage of Display Driver Uninstaller (Link) and a preferable switch to safe mode during this process. Then only should the newest version be installed.
- Sometimes, the documents folder is on the system’s OneDrive. If the Documents folder is linked to the OneDrive account, it must be unlinked first; otherwise, issues will stem up.
- The privilege issue might be a potent reason for the game not launching. If one is not running the game as an administrator, potential problems can be traced.
Restart Your PC
This is one of the most common and initial troubleshooting methods that you need to apply if you’re seeing any error while accessing any software application or game in your computer system.
You’re wondering what restart does. well, most of you don’t know that restarting or rebooting the system will delete all the temporary files that cause the error in the Startup section of your computer. Most of the time, the Startup files cannot able to fully start and this can cause an error it can easily be fixed by simply rebooting the PC.
More importantly, if you have already performed this step and it won’t work for your then start applying the below given troubleshooting one by one.
Try To Launch The Rocket League as Administrator
Basically launching the game with the administrator does not resolve the launching error. When launching the Rocket League without an administrator, the system puts certain errors that can cause the issue with the launcher.
Windows / Mac :
- Go to the Game Installation folder and then right-click on Rocket League Launcher.exe to open the menu options.
- Go to Properties> Compatibility > Run as Administrator> select Apply> OK.
If you are playing a game on Steam, follow these steps:
- Open Steam and then right-click on Game> Properties> Local Files> Local Files Browse.
- Find the Rocket League Launcher.exe and then right-click and select the properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab and check Implementing as Administrator.
- Select Apply and then hit the OK button.
Check The Game Giles Integrity on Steam App
If you’re trying to launch Rocket League on Steam but it’s not working, review the game file integrity. Steam checks and repairs any miss out or damaged files to help you resolve Rocket League launch issues. In this way
- Launch the Steam client and then choose the Library tab.
- Right-click on Rocket League after this choose the Properties.
- Go to the Local Files tab, and then select Confirm Game Cache Integrity.
- After that, choose the Close Now option to try to run the Rocket League
Try To Rename The Rocket League folder
Many users have fixed an issue that does not start on the PC when renaming the game folder. Here are the steps you need to follow in order to change the name of the Rocket League folder on your PC.
- You need to access File Explorer by pressing (Windows + E) buttons and then navigating to the Documents > My Games folder.
- Locate the Rocket League file and simply rename it as “Rocket League Waste”.
- After this, Launch Rocket League.
Delete The “d3d9.dll” File From The PC
Most of the time the DLL files can easily cause an issue with the Rocket League Launcher and you need to remove the DLL file from your computer system. In case you don’t know how to remove it then don’t simply follow the below steps.
- Navigate to the Rocket League folder using the File Explorer (Windows + E) buttons.
- Now go to Binaries > Win 32 and find the d3d9.dll file.
- You need to right-click on d3d9.dll to open the menu list and then select the Delete option.
After following the above-given steps you now try to run the Rocket League video game using the Start button or the desktop shortcut to check if it launches smoothly or not. In case you still facing the issue with the Rocket League game then move to the next troubleshooting method.
Update The Graphics Card Drivers ( Steam and Windows OS )
Starting Rocket League can be seen if you’re using the older version of the GPU driver. If you’re using the NVIDIA or the AMD GPU, Then to update them you need to access their official website type the GPU model in the search bar, and simply download the latest driver’s version.
In order to update the graphic driver on your Windows PC, you need to follow these step-by-step instructions.
- Go the to Start Menu and search for Device Manager and open it.
- Now, locate the graphic driver from the list of drivers.
- Right-click on the graphic drive and select Update Driver from the menu list.
Change The Rocket League Launcher Exe Compatibility Mode
Most of the time the compatibility can cause issues with the Rocket League launcher.exe file. Here are the steps you need to follow in order to switch the compatibility of the game file.
The Rocket League won’t launch issue can be associated with incompatibility. The problem will resolve if you try to launch the Rocket League Launcher using the compatibility mode.
- Firstly you need to access the game folder using File Explorer (Windows + E).
- Locate the RocketLeagueLauncher.exe after that right-click on it to access the menu list and then select the Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab in the properties and check the box Run this program in compatibility mode.
- Now using the drop-down menu you need to select the Windows version.
- Click OK and launch Rocket League to check if it is running properly.
Turn Off The Overlay Feature on Stream
The overlay feature can also cause the Rocket League launching issue. In order to fix it you need to disable this feature.
- Firstly, launch the Steam client from the desktop icon or start menu and then go to the top left corner and select the Steam icon to access the Settings.
- Choose the In-Game tab given on the left side and Uncheck all three boxes given under the Stream Overlay section this will disable overlap options.
- Now, select OK and launch Rocket League.
- In case you’re using overlay features as the third-party software then you need to turn if off.
Delete All The Rocket League Game Cache
After the game cache fetches corrupted, you may face a problem where the Rocket League won’t launch. To fix this you need to delete all the saved cache files of Rocket League from your computer system. In case you don’t how to delete the game cache on PC then don’t worry simply follow the below given step-by-step instructions in order to delete the Rocket League Cache files.
- Press the Windows + E buttons together to access File Explorer and then locate the My Games folder.
- Now, go to the Rocket League folder and access the TAGame folder.
- Choose the Cache and press the Delete button from the keyboard.
- After deleting the saved cache files, launch the Rocket League game.
Remove Game Directory In Antivirus App
Because most of the time the game carries some of the files that Antivirus applications won’t allow to run on the system and that is why we face an error message while accessing any video game on our computer system.
Simply add the game to the exception list on the Antivirus or you can also disable the antivirus app while playing Rocket League once you close the game then simply re-enable the antivirus this will also work.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Rocket League Again
The last attempt is to completely remove the Rocket League game from your PC and AppData after clearing the shortcuts. Reinstall the game again from their official website.
Note: Make sure you move the Rocket League Game level to any other location on your PC to avoid playing the game from the start again.
Uninstall the Rocket League:
Here are the steps you need to follow in order to uninstall Rocket League from your PC without having a hassle.
- Go to the Start Menu and search for Add or Remove Programs and open it.
- Now from the list of applications search for Rocket League.
- Select the Uninstall button given in the Rocket League application.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to successfully install the game from your computer.
Re-install the Rocket League:
Once you’ve uninstalled rocket league from your PC. Then all the files related to this game will be removed from your computer. Now you need to reinstall the game again this will create a new file of Rocket League and the error will be fixed. Here are the steps you need to follow in order the Rocket League into your PC.
- Open the Web browser on your PC such as Chrome, Edge etc.
- Now visit Epic Games’ official website and login into your account.
- Download the Epic Games Launcher and download Rocket League for free.
- Install the game into your PC and enjoy.
This is the end of this short guide, hopefully, you find this article helpful in order to fix the Rocket League Launch issue without having a hassle. In case you still facing the issue by performing all the steps then you need to contact a computer expert that can help you further.