If there’s one goal that’s been consistent throughout the Animal Crossing series, it’s paying off your loans. It’s the driving force behind a series that doesn’t have much drive, and gamers who stick with it know that paying off the loans means more room and more room means more goods.
When you arrive on your island and pick the ideal location for your tent, Tom Nook will offer you an itemized cost for everything you’re starting with. There is no time restriction on when you must pay this payment, as there is with every other bill you will receive in this game. However, considering the size of the tent, many people will most likely grow out of it quickly.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons makes it simple to repay your initial loan using Nook Miles, a new currency acquired via daily island activities. The entire bill is 49,800 bells or 5,000 Nook Miles, and despite being offered two totals for separate currencies.
You may only use miles to pay off the first debt. If you want to move out of that tent as soon as possible, I’ve put up a list of activities you can do right away to earn enough miles.
Also Read: Animal Crossing How to Access Storage
- Sign up for the Nook Mileage Program – 500 Points
- Take a picture with your NookPhone- 300 Points
- Make a design with your NookPhone – 300 Points
- Edit your passport with your NookPhone – 300 Points
- Talk to your neighbors – 300 Points
- Post on the bulletin board – 300 Points
- Pull 50 weeds and sell them – 300 Points
- Sell something – 300 Points
- Sell 20 fruit – 300 Points
- Pull 200 total weeds – 500 Points
- Use your NookPhone multiple times – 300 Points
- Spend 5,000 bells – 300 Points
- Break a tool – 300 Points
- Catch 10 fish – 300 Points
- Catch 10 bugs – 300 Points
- Find furniture hidden in a tree – 300 Points
- Catch 10 fish in a row without letting one escape – 300 Points
All of these tasks can be performed during the first three hours of constructing your island. When you get 5,000 Nook Miles, speak with Tom Nook about paying off the debt and having him set you up with your first property for the cheap loan amount of 98,000 bells.
That’s how to pay off loan in Animal Crossing as I’ll see you in the next guide.
Also Read: Animal Crossing How to Get Oranges