Zygarde officially made its Pokemon Go debut on July 21, 2023, hand-in-hand with the introduction of ‘Routes’ in the Blaze New Trails event.
Zygarde Coming To Pokemon Go
It can be obtained from free Special Research tasks that get unlocked at 10 A.M. Local Time. Some other bonuses will also be active, as players gear up for the Squirtle Community Day Classic Makeup Event.
The Order Pokemon became a part of video games in Alpha Omega and Ruby Sapphire, following which it was made available on Route 16 in Pokemon Sun and Moon. Zygarde has since held a standard in the pocket monster franchise.
Pokemon Go will be no exception as it has a max CP of 4267, with a balanced build that can give an edge in the Master League. Calling Zygarde a meta is a far shot, though.
Responsible for ecological balance, the dual Dragon/Ground type has three forms that players can obtain in Pokemon Go: 10% Forme, 50% Forme, and Complete Forme. An explanation of its form changes can be found below.
Zygarde Pokemon Go: How to get the legendary?
On July 21, trainers will get a call from Professor Willow once they log into the game. They will then be introduced to Zygarde and Willow will require trainers to research more about the Order Pokemon.
There will be 6 Steps in the Special Research task named ‘From A to Zygarde’, with rewards ranging from Berries, Pokeballs, Stardust, and the Zygarde 10% Forme.
‘From A to Zygarde’ Research Mission tasks and rewards
Zygarde 10% Forme will be available as a Step 3 Completion reward. Upgrading it to the Complete Forme will require Zygarde Cells, which can be obtained by walking in Routes in Pokemon Go. A Zygarde Cube will be used for collecting the Zygarde Cells.
Below is the list of research missions and rewards for the ‘From A to Zygarde’ quest.
- Walk 1km – 5 Pinap Berries
- Catch 10 Pokemon – 5 Potions
- Use 5 Berries to help catch Pokemon – 5 Poke Balls
Step 1 Completion Reward: 500 Stardust
- Make 5 Great Throws – 10 Razz Berries
- Power up Pokemon 5 times – 10 Nanab Berries
- Hatch an Egg – 10 Poke Balls
Step 2 Completion Reward: 1000 Stardust
- Claim Reward! – 10 Great Balls
- Claim Reward! – 10 Super Potions
- Claim Reward! – 1000 Stardust
Step 3 Completion Rewards: Zygarde 10% Forme Encounter, 1 Zygarde Cube
- Follow 3 Routes – 1 Incense
- Catch 20 Pokemon while following Routes – 3 Revives
- Find a Zygarde Cell – 5 Ultra Balls
Step 4 Completion Rewards: 1000 XP, 1000 Stardust
- Use an Incense while following a Route – 15 Great Balls
- Earn 3 Candies walking with your buddy – 1500 Stardust
- Follow 5 Routes – 10 Ultra Balls
Step 5 Completion Rewards: 2000 XP
- Claim Reward! – 1 Star Piece
- Claim Reward! – 2,000 XP
- Claim Reward! – 1 Golden Razz Berry
Step 6 Completion Rewards: 2500 XP, 2,500 Stardust
Shiny Zygarde in Pokemon Go
Currently, Shiny Zygarde isn’t available in Pokemon Go. A data mine by PokeMiners did reveal that shiny variants are in the works, though. Shiny Zygarde will have a white-and-green appearance compared to the usual black and light green skin.
Changing a Zygarde’s forms depend on the number of Zygarde Cells a trainer can obtain by using Routes. Its Complete Forme can solo Yveltal and give Raquaza a run for its money in PvP.