Synergies play an important role in DC Heroes and Villains. They increase the partnered characters’ attack stat from tile-matching. Moreover, when all five characters of a particular synergy category are in the team, they unlock a Special Ability in which each character performs their Power Move simultaneously, producing tons of damage.
Choosing the right superheroes or supervillains for your team could prove to be difficult. Due to the limited energy and purchases from the Store, you could run out of upgrading items. Thus, the best option is to upgrade characters of a particular synergy category. It is guaranteed to provide good results in both Story Mode and PvP.
Every Group Bonus category in DC Heroes and Villains
A Group Bonus in DC Heroes and Villains is unlocked when two or more characters belonging to a particular team are used in the battle party. Currently, there are 16 groups in the mobile game from Ludia Inc, with 7 being based on places or inmates and many more to come in the next updates.
- Batman Family – Batman (Rebirth)
- Justice League – Cyborg, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Flash and Superman
- The Secret Society of Super Villains – Copperhead, Cheshire, Ultra Humanite, Livewire, and Vandal Savage
- Arkham’s Most Wanted – Poison Ivy, Riddler, Firefly, Joker, and Penguin
- Outsiders – Black Lightning, Katana, and Halo
- Suicide Squad – Deadshot, Harley Quinn, Amanda Waller, Enchantress, and Killer Croc
- Birds of Prey – Huntress and Catwoman
- Legion of Doom – Lex Luthor, Parasite, Cheetah, Gorilla Grodd, and Circe
- Teen Titans – Robin, Raven, Blue Beetle, and Beast Boy
- Amazons – Nubia, Archer, Artemis Grace, Shield Bearer, and Warrior
- Gotham Police Department – Field Agent, Captian, and Riot Control
- Crazed Inmates – Serial Killer, Homicidal Maniac, Top Dog, and Inmate Leader
- Gotham Criminals – Two-Face, Anarchist, Street Thug, Goon
- Xebel – Fin Carver, Shield Breaker, and Trapper
- Atlanteans – Royal Guard, Wave Shaper, and Sonar Master
- Intergang – Splicer, Disintegrator, Grav Spinner, and Pulse Runner
Grav Spinner and Nubia are among the best three-star characters that can give your team a variety of buffs.
Best Groups in DC Heroes and Villains: Match 3
Here are the three best groups in which players should invest their resources or use recruitment capsules to complete the overall synergy.
Secret Society of Super Villains
Some of the toughest belong to this category. Ultra Humanite and Vandal Savage are among the top five best characters in the game currently. The tanks are optimally compatible with Livewire as she has the ability to steal Power from enemies. Copperhead is a good unit from the Warrior class, capable of putting immense damage on a single enemy and Cheshire can complement the group attacks with buffs/debuffs.
Much like the series, Amanda Waller is the head of the table of the whole group in DC Heroes and Villains. Her Power Move gives Attack and Critical Bonuses to her allies, which could do surreal damage if she is synergised with Deadshot and Harley Quinn as they specialise in targeting one opponent. Enchantress could also be pitched in for some healing support to all units. Although there are better alternatives than Killer Croc, he could be used to provide AoE on the enemy.
It’s no surprise that the O.G. forerunners of the D.C. franchise are the best group in DC Heroes and Villains. Superman and Aquaman are in the topmost tier when it comes to individual characteristics. Similarly, Wonder Woman and Cyborg are great for shielding damage and attacking a single enemy. The only place where players get confused in this group is whether to use Flash or Martian Manhunter as the fifth character. That is up to you, based on if you want a debuff galore on the opponent or go straight for the throat.